普   及   跑   步   健   步   知   识   ,   预   防   跑   步   健   步   伤   害   ,   增   加     跑   步   健   步   乐   趣   ,   提   高   国   民   身   体   素   质

跑步圣经(跑圣)

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

搜索
美女照我去战斗减肥运动入门伤痛预防必读跑圣(跑步圣经)服务器托管募捐跑步入门必读跑步圣经网简介和网站守则
查看: 12648|回复: 12

关于跑步的名人名言---中英文对照配图版,第一组

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-4-18 11:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这组中英文对照的名人名言在网上已经流传很久了。
配上图以后再发一次,希望大家在获得精神食粮的同时,也能激发学习英语的兴趣。
话说这里面有很多是著名运动员,有很多是作家,也有很多美国的普通跑友。
有几个的照片资料实在是找不到。
1、 We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self- discipline, and effort.  -- Jesse Owens
我们都有梦想。但是梦想成真需要惊人的毅力,付出,自律和努力!
(杰西·欧文斯,美国著名田径选手;1936年柏林奥运会四枚金牌获得者)

登录/注册后可看大图

2、  They say you can't run away from your troubles. I say that you can.
John Bingham, The Courage to Start
他们说你不能“跑”离烦恼,我说你能。
约翰·宾汉姆,《有勇气就开始》一书的作者,这本书从99年在美国发行以来一直占据跑步类书籍的头10名。

登录/注册后可看大图

3、  To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality.
要想成功,你必须有成功的激情,也必须相信自己会成功这一事实!
Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop (著名的The Body Shop品牌的创始人艾妮卡·罗迪克)

登录/注册后可看大图

4、  Do not underestimate the intimacy of running, and the people with whom you share your miles. 千万别低估每一个英里的距离所能带给你和你跑友之间的那种心灵交通的感觉。
Kristin Armstrong, Mile Markers blog, Runner's World.com

登录/注册后可看大图

5、  Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier.
跑步有改变你生命的力量,跑步能使你身材更匀称,更健康,更快乐。
Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

登录/注册后可看大图

6、  Running is simple, but there's opportunity if you want to go deeper. I guess I'm drawn to simplicity.
跑步是件很简单的事,只要你想,跑步也会提供给你深入了解它的机会。我猜我自己是被跑步本身的简单所深深吸引。
Biz Stone, Cofounder, Twitter, Inc. (Twitter的创始人之一)

登录/注册后可看大图

7、  Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself, and be humble.
相信你自己,了解你自己,否定你自己,做个谦卑的人。
Irish Olympian John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 84 (爱尔兰奥林匹克选手John Treacy在1984年洛杉矶奥运会前训练的4个原则)

登录/注册后可看大图

8、  Having a true faith is the most difficult thing in the world. Many will try to take it from you.
在这个世界上最难的一件事就是:拥有一个忠诚的信仰,因为有太多的人或事会将它从你身边拿走。
Steve Prefontaine, American middle and long- distance runner (美国著名中长跑运动员Steve Prefontaine:在他的职业生涯的5年内,没有任何一个美国长跑运动员可以在2000m-10000m的比赛中打败他。他被认为在美国所有时期中最伟大的长跑运动员之一。他最为人乐道的就是他极具攻击性的领头跑步方式与在赛上拼尽全力跑完每一码。很不幸的是,天嫉英材..这个美国人的长跑骄傲只活了短短的24年,最后在一场派队结束后因酗酒发生车祸,不幸身亡。
2013年4月《跑者世界》中文版有老衲的翻译习作一篇《那些年,我们一起追过的普利方丹》

登录/注册后可看大图

9、  Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight.
一切皆有可能,但是你要去相信,要去为之而战斗。
Lance Armstrong 兰斯·阿姆斯特朗是美国公路自行车赛职业车手,在癌症康复后连续获得7次环法自行车赛冠军而闻名

登录/注册后可看大图

10、 When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting.
当你站在起跑线上,将自己展现在陌生人面前时,你会感受并铭记那令你自己无比兴奋的瞬间。
Doris Brown Heritage, 5 time World Cross-Country Champion
2012年12月刊《跑者世界》中文版,有老衲翻译习作一篇《流星》,讲述多丽丝布朗和黛比希尔德的世纪之战。
http://www.erun360.com/blog/200003702.aspx

登录/注册后可看大图

11、 Running, one might say, is basically an absurd pastime upon which to be exhausting ourselves. But if you can find meaning in the type of running you need to do ... chances are you'll be able to find meaning in that other absurd pastime - LIFE.
Bill Bowerman

登录/注册后可看大图

12、 For me, running is a lifestyle and an art. I'm far more interested in the magic of it than the mechanics.
对我而言,跑步是一种生活方式,一门艺术。我对跑步具有的魔力所产生的兴趣远远大于跑步本身的机械构成。
Lorraine Moller, Olympic Marathoner

登录/注册后可看大图

13、 The real purpose of running isn't to win a race; it's to test the limits of the human heart.
跑步真正的目的不是为了赢得一场比赛而是试验人内心的极限。
Bill Bowerman (图片同上11)
14、 My younger girls, Gracie and Willa, ask me why I run so much, and I answer honestly, "because I love it."
我的俩个小女儿问我:“为什么我这么能跑?”我老老实实地回答她们:“因为我爱跑步!”
Peter Sagal, a 3:20 marathoner and the host of NPR's Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!
他是《跑者世界》的老朋友、特约记者,还是美国国家公共电台(NPR)的主持人。这篇文章肯定是多年前的了,因为他现在的PB已经是3小时零9分了。2012年12月刊《跑者世界》中文版有他的一篇文章《跑步回家》
http://www.erun360.com/blog/200005233.aspx
看看他本人和漫画形象是不是很像呢?

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图

15、 I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise... it's a consistent reward for victory!
我跑,来源于我对跑步的激情,而不仅仅因为跑步是一项运动。每次当我走出家门,我知道自己为什么出来,我将去何处,那一刻我会将身心凝聚在一处:一个能给我独处和内心平安的地方。跑步对我而言,远远超出了体育锻炼的层次,它带给我的回报是一个又一个精神上的胜利。
William Arthur Ward, American author

登录/注册后可看大图

16、 Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
苦难会让人崩溃,也会让人制造奇迹!
William Arthur Ward, American author(同上15)
17、 He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
一个没有足够勇气去冒险的人,在生活中他将是一事无成。
Muhammad Ali 拳王 穆罕穆德·阿里

登录/注册后可看大图

18、 Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things.
在你内心的最深处,你要相信自己,相信你命中注定会做出伟大的事情!
Joe Paterno, Head football coach of Penn State University

登录/注册后可看大图

19、 I have to make myself take a day off. I get addicted, and I feel guilty if don't run. I have to remember it's the recovery days when you actually get stronger. When you take a day off, you can run fast and hard next time you get out there.
我不得不让自己休息一天。我对跑步已经相当痴迷,如果我一天不跑,就会觉得很内疚;然而,我不得不提醒自己记住一点:休息的日子是你变的更强大的时候。一旦你休息好了,下一次你会跑的更快更努力!
Danica Patrick, Professional race-car driver (美女职业赛车手)

登录/注册后可看大图

20、 There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep moving.
跑步如人生,只要你不断努力,就没有失败一说!
Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large

登录/注册后可看大图

21、 Winning is not about headlines and hardware [medals]. It's only about attitude. A winner is a person who goes out today and every day and attempts to be the best runner and best person they can be? Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.
胜利不只是报纸上的标题和拿在手上的奖牌。胜利是一个人的态度。一个胜者每天出门时都有愿望成为最好的跑者,成为最好的一个人。胜利只与你的努力、奋斗的过程、乐观的心态及永不放弃的精神息息相关。
Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large(同上20)
22、 I probably should consider this my last marathon, but you never know what'll happen. My friends reminded me that I said that last year and the year before and the year before.
也许我应该把这次马拉松当成自己一生中的最后一次参赛,但是未来总是让人难以预料。我的朋友们提醒过我:我去年,前年和大前年都曾经说过同样的这句话。
Robert Borglund, Winner of Boston Marathon's 80-and-older age group two years in a row(波士顿马拉松80岁以上年龄组,连续两年夺冠)
23、 Slow-but- sure has always worked for me, in running and in most other arenas. I wouldn't mind being a Carl Lewis or Usain Bolt, but I've found little payoff in attempting to be what I'm not.
宁慢勿乱(慢工出细活),在我跑步和生活的其他层面屡试不爽。我不介意自己不是卡尔·刘易斯或者博尔特,但是我发现如果我尝试去做自己无力而为的事情时,等待我的多一半是事倍功半的结局。
Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large(同上20)
24、 My first race was a 60- meter dash, with starting blocks. I was more excited than nervous. I came in last, but I wasn't disappointed, because it was so much fun. My coach treated everybody like winners - that was probably the most important thing.
我有生以来头一次参加正式比赛是一场60米的短跑赛,我还用了起跑器。比赛带给我的兴奋远远大于紧张。我跑了倒数第一名,但是我一点失落的感觉都没有,因为比赛的过程真是太好玩了。我的教练像对待获胜者一样对待他的每位队员--我想这可能是带来成功最重要的一件事。
Grete Waitz, Nine-time New York City Marathon winner and 1984 Olympic Marathon silver medalist (9次纽约马拉松冠军,1984年奥运会马拉松银牌获得者)

登录/注册后可看大图

25、 It's that bond of female runners that makes me want to be a better runner - to push me a little harder.
我愿意成为一个更好的跑者,是那些因跑步这跟纽带而紧密联系在一起的女性跑步爱好者带给我的鼓励,也是她们让我训练更刻苦。
Cherie Hill Lombardo, High school principal and participant in the Runner's World Challenge

26、 I usually run the first half of the marathon and run- walk the last half. It gets harder to run 26.2 miles at my age, but I'm inspired by the memory of friends I've lost.
在我这个年纪(87岁),能一直跑完26.2英里的马拉松比赛是越来越难了;通常,我都是在前半程一直跑着,到后半程时就跑一段,走一段了,但激励我坚持下来的是那些已经不再身边的朋友们带给我的记忆。
Harriette Thompson, 87-year-old grandmother of ten and marathon runner

登录/注册后可看大图

27、 My first real race was as a 15-year- old. It was a mile long. I won in 5:20; I was surprised to win, and was encouraged to join the cross-country team with my brother, Charlie, and my friend Jason. This was in 1963, and we're all still running today.
我的一次真正的跑步赛事是15岁时参加的一次1英里跑。我以5分20秒赢得了比赛。我很惊喜自己能赢得比赛,这次胜利鼓励我和我的兄弟查理,我的朋友杰森一起加入到学校的越野跑队。那是1963年的事情了,直到今天我们还在跑着。
Bill Rodgers, four-time winner of the Boston and New York City marathons 四次波士顿和纽约马拉松的冠军。

登录/注册后可看大图

28、 The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else. It has to be yours.
最主要的是,你得热爱你所做的运动。决不要为了取悦他人而去从事这项运动。它一定是你自己的所爱。
Peggy Fleming, American figure skater (美国花样滑冰运动员)

登录/注册后可看大图

29、 You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.
你拥有选择权:你可以放弃(把毛巾扔掉),你也可以用毛巾来擦拭脸上的汗水!
Gatorade ad 佳得乐广告语

登录/注册后可看大图

30、 Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer.
困难的事情,我们要花时间去面对;不可能的事情,我们要花更长的时间来让它变成可能。
Percy Cerutty, an athletics coach in the 1950s and 1960s

登录/注册后可看大图

31、 No one ever drowned in sweat.
还没有人曾经被汗水所淹死!
Author Unknown
32、 Don't be concerned with what you can't do. Work on what you can do - then count your blessings.
不要太关注在你不能做的事情上,做你能做的——然后数算你的恩典就好了。
Alan Robinson, 56-year-old partially paralyzed marathon runner (56岁残疾马拉松选手)
33、 It takes patience to become the best runner you can be. Top athletes realize that running is a long- term sport. It is set up for people who value delayed gratification and who like hard-earned success.
要想成为最好的跑者,你需要的是耐心。优秀的运动员都知道跑步是个长时间才能出效果的运动项目。它是为了那些看中迟来的满足感和喜欢辛苦努力后取得成功的人预备的项目。
Anthony Famiglietti, two-time Olympian and six-time national champion

登录/注册后可看大图

34、 Running gives me a sense of controlling my life. I like the finiteness of runs, the fact that I have a clear beginning and end. I set a goal and I achieve it. A good run makes you feel sort of holy.
跑步给我掌控生命的感觉。我喜欢跑步带给我的健康,也喜欢跑步是有一个明确的开始和结束的这个事实。我给自己制定目标,然后去实现目标。一次开心的跑步经历会让你经历到神圣!
Nancy Gerstein, runner

登录/注册后可看大图

35、 Running is a statement to society. It is saying 'no' to always being on call, to sacrificing our daily runs for others' needs. When we run we are doing something for ourselves.
跑步是对朋友们做的一个声明。它是对随时待命和为了别人的所需而牺牲我们的日跑习惯说“不”。当我们跑步的时候,我们是在为自己做些事情。
Phoebe Jones, runner

登录/注册后可看大图

36、 You should run your first marathon for the right reasons, because you'll never be the same person again. You must want to do it, not do it because your boss did it or your spouse did it.
你应该有些合理的理由来跑你人生的第一个马拉松,因为跑完一个马拉松后,你将不再是那个原来的你。你一定是自己有意愿来跑马拉松,千万不要因为你老板或者你的配偶曾经跑过,你也要来试试。
Bill Wenmark, running coach,是名已经完成百马的跑者。

登录/注册后可看大图

37、 There is only one big thing—desire. And before it, when it is big, all is little.
仅有一件事儿是大事儿——渴望。在渴望面前,没有什么事情是值得一提的。
Willa Cather, American author

登录/注册后可看大图

38、 I loved testing myself more than I feared being beaten.
我愿意探索自己的极限而不是担心被击败。
Ron Clarke, New Zealand middle-distance runner

登录/注册后可看大图

39、 I run because I enjoy it—not always, but most of the time. I run because I've always run—not trained, but run.
我跑,因为我享受它——不是每次都享受,而是绝大多数时间都很享受;我跑是因为我一直在跑——不是为了训练而是为跑而跑。
Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large and marathoner(同上20)
40、 If you want to be a better runner, you've got to run more. It's as simple as that.
如果你想成为更好的跑者,你就得多跑。事情就是这么简单!
Tom Fleming, running coach

登录/注册后可看大图

41、 Methinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.
据我看来:当我的双腿开始移动的时候,我的思维开始涌流。
Henry David Thoreau 著名作家梭罗,代表作《瓦尔登湖》

登录/注册后可看大图

42、 You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone.
作为一个人,你只有跳出你的“安乐窝”(舒适地带),你才能成长。
Percy Cerutty, running coach 跑步教练(同上30)
43、 My thoughts before a big race are usually pretty simple. I tell myself: Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay relaxed. If you run your race, you'll win....Channel your energy. Focus..
在每次大赛前,我脑子里的想法通常都相当简单。我告诉自己:跨出起跑器、尽力奔跑、保持放松;如果你跑比赛,你就会赢;打通你的能量通道,集中精力!
Carl Lewis 美国著名短跑运动员 卡尔·刘易斯

登录/注册后可看大图

44、 At the start of races 50 miles or longer, most people have the spirit of 'We're about to embark on an adventure.' At the finish, regardless of how we place, we're all equals because we have finished a grand adventure.
在50英里或者更长距离比赛的起跑线上,许多人脑海里都会萦绕着这样一种思绪:我们将要开始一段冒险的旅程。在终点线上,无论你的名次如何,我们都是平等的,因为我们都刚刚完成了一次伟大的冒险。
Kami Semick, 2009 national 50-K and 50-mile trail champion, IAU 100-K world champion 超长距离马拉松选手

登录/注册后可看大图

45、 Running creates a sense of balance in my life. It's a great feeling to just get out and lose myself in a run.
跑步让我找到了生活的平衡。走出家门,全神贯注于跑步这件事,感觉真是太棒了!
Dr. Jill Biden, Second lady and college professor 美国副总统拜登的夫人

登录/注册后可看大图

46、 The great advantage of our sport over all others is that we don't need a ball or a team or a field, or even, according to some, shoes. We just need to stand someplace, imagine ourselves in the center of a circle, pick one out of the 360 degrees available to us, and head thataway.
我们所爱的跑步运动,相比较其他所有运动项目所具有的巨大优势就是:我们不需要球,球队或者场地;甚至于有些跑步者,他们连鞋都不需要。我们所需要做的就是站在一处,想像自己在一个圆的中心,选择360度内的任何一个可以前行的方向,朝着那个方向奔跑就是了。
Peter Sagal, a 3:20 marathoner and the host of NPR's Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!(同前14)
47、 Just do the best with what you have, and you'll soon be doing it better.
尽你所能做到最好,你将会越来越棒!
Gil Hodges, American first baseman and manager in Major League Baseball

登录/注册后可看大图

48、 Everything I know about life, I learned it from running.
我所知道的关于生活的每一件事,都是从自己跑步的经历中获得的。
Ruben Toledo Rosado
49、 The more I train, the more I realize I have more speed in me.
当我训练越多,我就越意识到自己还有更多的提升跑步速度的潜能所在。
Leroy Burrell, former American athlete who twice set the world record for the 100 meter sprint

登录/注册后可看大图

50、 Running changed my life as it will change yours, just give it a chance. Once you get that blood moving, it's show time!
跑步改变了我的生命,也将为你的生命带来改变,只要你利用这个机会,只要你开始跑起来,你人生的舞台将会好戏连篇。
Wilfredo Melendez, US soldier

登录/注册后可看大图
发表于 2013-4-18 11:20 | 显示全部楼层
非常好的名言 ,不只带给人跑步的信念,也有人生的信念,谢谢啦。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-18 11:32 | 显示全部楼层
顶!
学习英语的兴趣没激发,精神食粮获得了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-4-18 12:24 | 显示全部楼层
多谢楼主的精神粮食
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-5-21 19:23 | 显示全部楼层
这个要好好支持下,配了图感觉就是不一样
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-7-3 23:54 | 显示全部楼层
收藏了,谢谢楼主勤力。摘选几条贴在电脑旁,以此激励自己。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-8-24 11:05 | 显示全部楼层
wondeful quotations
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-8-24 12:46 | 显示全部楼层
没看清楚装备
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2013-9-14 12:08 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2013-12-14 15:49 | 显示全部楼层
13、 The real purpose of running isn't to win a race; it's to test the limits of the human heart.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-3-21 19:19 | 显示全部楼层
多谢楼主的精神粮食
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2014-4-20 23:55 | 显示全部楼层
非常认同第六句!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

我们欢乐和痛苦的源泉都是我们的身心!与其求于外物,不如内求于已。
远山、绿水、清风于跑步时透于己身,焉不是世间极乐!
匀呼吸,振意志,松筋骨,用腰力,“以跑入道”不远矣。

扫一扫关注跑圣公众号

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系我们|跑步圣经(跑圣) ( 粤ICP备2021066816号联系QQ:31007776  粤公网安备 44030302000263号

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 10:27 , Processed in 0.235242 second(s), 4 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.