普   及   跑   步   健   步   知   识   ,   预   防   跑   步   健   步   伤   害   ,   增   加     跑   步   健   步   乐   趣   ,   提   高   国   民   身   体   素   质

跑步圣经(跑圣)

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

搜索
美女照我去战斗减肥运动入门伤痛预防必读跑圣(跑步圣经)服务器托管募捐
查看: 9325|回复: 31

Common Fears About Running Races

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-4-2 15:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 davidnew1967 于 2010-4-2 14:55 编辑

Running a road race can seem intimidating to new runners, but you’re missing out on a very positive and fulfilling experience if you're too afraid to take the plunge. Here are some common fears about running races and how you can overcome them.

Fear1: "I'm going to finish last."
Reality: Over the years, I've heard hundreds of beginner runners confess that coming in last place is their biggest fear when running their first race. The truth is that you probably have as much chance of finishing last as you do of finishing first. Most short-distance races (such as 5Ks) have a number of walkers participating, so if you're planning to run or run/walk, you're most likely going to finish ahead of a bunch of walkers. If you're really worried about finishing last, choose a short fun run or charity race that's walker-friendly so you know for certain that they'll be walkers in the race. But, more importantly, try not to worry about how your performance compares to the other participants. Running in a road race is all about setting a goal and achieving it, and the only person you should be competing against is yourself. So whether you come in first or last, you're still accomplishing something major. And, at many races, spectators and race volunteers cheer loudly for the back-of-the-packers, so you may actually get more attention if you finish toward the end!
Fear2: I'm too self-conscious to run in front of a lot of people.
Reality: Many people say they feel intimidated about running in public because they think everyone will be staring at them and making judgments. The truth is that most runners are happy to see new people join the sport because they can remember what it was like when they first started running.
Wearing the right clothes for running may make you feel more comfortable when running in public. For women, it's especially important to wear the right sports bra . If you're worried about spectators judging you, try to think about it from their perspective. If they're honest with themselves, they're most likely looking at you thinking, "Wow, I wish I had the courage/fitness/dedication to run a race." And if they are making some kind of negative judgment, just brush it off. They're probably doing it to compensate for feelings of jealousy or insecurity for not being out there themselves. And, remember, the first time is usually the hardest. If you're not used to running in public, you'll feel much more comfortable once you've done it a few times.
Fear3: I won't be able to run the whole time.
Reality: I've never heard of a road race that will disqualify someone for walking. In fact, during most races I've run in or watched, I've seen at least a few people walking at one point. So if you plan to run/walk your race or think you may need a walking break, don't sweat it. You'll be in good company. If you're really concerned that you'll be the ONLY person taking a walking break, look for a fun run that's walker-friendly.
If you've done the training for your race distance and you really want to be able to run the whole race, follow these tips to make sure you don't go out too fast in the beginning and end up having to walk to the end:

• Try to make sure you're in the correct starting position. Bigger races will have signs or corrals to designate runners' pace per mile. Don't start yourself with faster runners because you'll most likely try to keep up with them.
  • Deliberately run your first mile slower than you plan to run the final one. It's tough to do, since you'll most likely feel really strong in the beginning. But you'll appreciate it at the end, when you still have enough energy to run to the finish line.
  • Start your race at a comfortable pace and make sure you check your watch at the first mile marker. If you're ahead of your anticipated pace, slow down. It's not too late to make pace corrections after just one mile.

Fear4: I don't know what to expect.
Reality: Lots of new runners have anxiety about their first racing experience. They have questions such as, "When should I eat?" "What is the starting line like?" "Could I get lost?" Reading about race day preparation is definitely helpful, but you may feel more comfortable if you attend a race before you actually run one.

Go watch a race or offer to volunteer so you can experience the race atmosphere and get a better idea of what to expect. You can also talk to friends and family members who have done races and ask them for tips and advice. Or, better yet, ask a friend who has run races in the past to "adopt" you for a race and show you where to go and what to do at the race. Most runners would be excited to introduce a new runner to road racing.

Fear5: I'm too old to be running races.
Reality: As long as you're in good health, you're not too old to run races. I've seen octogenarians cross the finish lines of lots of races, from 5K to marathons, and I always think to myself, "I hope that's me someday!" It's very inspiring to see senior citizens who are still out there competing. Race directors encourage people of all ages and fitness levels to participate in races, and many races offer age groups awards for runners/walkers in their 60s, 70s, and 80s. Since those age groups tend to have fewer runners, you may even take home an age group award for your finishing time. My mom, who started running in her mid-50s, has never gone home empty-handed since she ran her first road race several years ago. You're never too old to start running, and it's definitely never too late to start road racing.
既然选择跑步,我们就要义无反顾:
不介意名次,哪怕是倒数第一!
跑在众人面前,没什么不好意思的,相反我们会很自豪!
即使不能全程跑下来,就是走我们也要坚持,相信我们是最棒的!
我们不期许结果如何,重在参与!
活到老学到老,跑到老,跑步的征途上从不拒绝耄耋老人!
 楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:11 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 不懂也得支持,哈哈
再看看,懂没?!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 5 反对 1

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:08 | 显示全部楼层
不懂也得支持,哈哈
回复 支持 4 反对 2

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:19 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 再看看,懂没?!

登录/注册后可看大图
懂了,就知道大哥善解人意,哈哈,谢谢了哈
回复 支持 5 反对 0

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:20 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 懂了,就知道大哥善解人意,哈哈,谢谢了哈
你呀,啥时候让我省点儿心那!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 3 反对 2

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:22 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 你呀,啥时候让我省点儿心那!

登录/注册后可看大图
定期让你翻译一下,要不老本行忘了咋行,哈哈

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 4 反对 0

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:25 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 定期让你翻译一下,要不老本行忘了咋行,哈哈

登录/注册后可看大图
还挺会找辙的,算你狠!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:26 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 还挺会找辙的,算你狠!

登录/注册后可看大图

登录/注册后可看大图
承让,承让
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:30 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya:

登录/注册后可看大图
承让,承让
夫人熬得山楂大枣罐头,孝敬俺的,哼哼!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:33 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 夫人熬得山楂大枣罐头,孝敬俺的,哼哼!

登录/注册后可看大图
真油墨,孝敬你,你比嫂夫人大很多吗?嫂夫人知道你这么说可不高兴哟,我去打你小报告,哈哈

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:35 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 真油墨,孝敬你,你比嫂夫人大很多吗?嫂夫人知道你这么说可不高兴哟,我去打你小报告,哈哈

登录/注册后可看大图
她已经掐我了,你的行动挺快呀,先斩后奏,不够意思!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:36 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 她已经掐我了,你的行动挺快呀,先斩后奏,不够意思!

登录/注册后可看大图
嫂夫人在你身边吗?替我向她问好,哈哈,让她使劲掐,哈哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 嫂夫人在你身边吗?替我向她问好,哈哈,让她使劲掐,哈哈
你真不心疼你嫂子,我还心疼呢,我自己来吧。。。。

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:39 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 你真不心疼你嫂子,我还心疼呢,我自己来吧。。。。

登录/注册后可看大图
哈哈,好男人本色随时流露,哈哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:40 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 哈哈,好男人本色随时流露,哈哈
你以为我会真的掐我自己,哼哼!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:41 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 哈哈,好男人本色随时流露,哈哈
亲爱的,吃完了,把碗拿去洗了。。。!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:41 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 你以为我会真的掐我自己,哼哼!

登录/注册后可看大图
哈哈,要不你掐嫂子,哈哈,你不敢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-2 15:42 | 显示全部楼层
davidnew1967: 亲爱的,吃完了,把碗拿去洗了。。。!

登录/注册后可看大图
是嫂夫人让你去洗碗,还是你让嫂夫人去洗碗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:43 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 哈哈,要不你掐嫂子,哈哈,你不敢
我到主那儿告你去!

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-2 15:44 | 显示全部楼层
yoshuya: 是嫂夫人让你去洗碗,还是你让嫂夫人去洗碗?
最好别问那些答案很明显的问题,我在干什么你不知道吗?

登录/注册后可看大图
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

我们欢乐和痛苦的源泉都是我们的身心!与其求于外物,不如内求于已。
远山、绿水、清风于跑步时透于己身,焉不是世间极乐!
匀呼吸,振意志,松筋骨,用腰力,“以跑入道”不远矣。

扫一扫关注跑圣公众号

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系我们|跑步圣经(跑圣) ( 粤ICP备2021066816号联系QQ:31007776  粤公网安备 44030302000263号

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 02:47 , Processed in 0.240777 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip On, MemCache On.